Beautiful Theology .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Beautiful Theology

Signifying truth in more than words alone

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Words and Images 15


Or, les contours visible des objets, dans la réalité, se touchent comme s’ils formaient une mosaïque:

The visible outlines of objects in reality touch one another as though they formed a mosaic

I don’t know just what to do with the “Or” at the beginning of the sentence; I read it as the logical or rather than the “however” or (with what would it be contrasting this claim?), but any particular English translation sounds too strong to me, so I left it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pascale Soleil said...

You may be taking "dans la réalité" too literaly, I think.

Maybe this entry and the next are part of the same sentence... in which case you get:

"Since the visible outlines of objects, actually, touch one another as if they made up a mosaic..."

March 15, 2007 7:21 AM  
Blogger dydimustk said...

why would I think those 'things' are clouds? if I didn't have a meaning for cloud? Why wouldn't I think they are part of the whole image? It seems we are progressing further and further away from labels for individual images and towards whole situational images and meanings. It will make it harder for us to take any word or meaning out of its context and try to label it alone.

April 01, 2007 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home